Monday, February 15, 2010

It's time

So today begins a new journey for me. I'm tired of carrying all this extra weight so I'm am gonna do something about it! I am not going to tell you what I weigh, but I do need to drop 50 lbs to make myself feel good again and be at my "healthy goal weight". Casey and I are going to start the P90X program, but I had to have some moles removed on my belly Thursday so the stitches are keeping us from doing that till next week. Will keep you posted on the pain.... I mean progress we make there! We went shopping at Costco Saturday and got healthy snack food cause that is one of my biggest problems, snacking.

Day 1
Breakfast=Triple Berry Fruit Smoothie
Snack 1=2 cups green grapes
Snack 2=1 cup almonds
Lunch=Turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread
Snack 3=Sliced Green Apple
Dinner???? Have no clue as of know, Casey is going out with Luke to dinner for Casey's Birthday so Kylee and I are on our own tonight, so we will see.

My friend Jenn is also dieting, she read an article about the 80/20 rule, which I think will help me a lot. Basically it says that you shouldn't deprive yourself of some of the "not so good for you" things. As long as you eat 80% healthy you can indulge every now and again with the naughty 20%.

If any of you have any ideas for us on healthy "good" dinner ideas, let me know, we are kind of having a hard time with that, I'm a very picky eater so a lot of the good for you stuff I can't eat, whether it be because of texture or taste. I just have a hard time with it.

I am hoping to drop 10 lbs by the first of April as we are going on our first family vacation then and I don't want to have to buy new clothes just to have warm weather stuff.

Anywho, thanks for reading and if you have any suggestions I am open to them.

6 comments:

Tina said...

Woohoo! Way to go:) I won't say how much I weigh either, but I need to lose 90 pounds. I just registered a few minutes ago for a 5K race to be held in five days!!! I think that's a good motivator. The money has been paid, people know about it, so I'm committed. Just dumped a Pepsi down the drain and I guess you and I are starting this journey at the same time. Good luck to you!

Jennifer said...

Way To Go!!! I'm so excited for you. It's such a great feeling when you know you're ready to start & really make a change!(: I'm here for you whenever you need. Just be easy on yourself in the beginning, don't give up & always remember you have the chance to start fresh every minute, of every day. Don't let anything get you down!! I'll be following along with ya & if you need anything, let me know.xo

Jennifer said...

Share what you won't eat & I can give you ideas for meals.

Our Family of Four said...

YAY! Im so proud of you guys.. And your first family vacation.. to Hawaii by chance? :)
Anywho.. I love you guys!

Lizzley said...

There is an app on my phone, and I am assuming Casey can get it on his as well, that is a healthy eating application! It will tell you healthy meals and calories and everything like that! You can also get an app that you put in 3 things you have in your pantry, and it will pull up meal ideas for just 3 ingredients being typed in!! See if he has those, they have some interesting and good ideas on it! Good luck! Tell me how you like the P90X, I want to try it!

Leeann said...

You know I'm struggling! Oy. Make sure you eat whole grains whenever possible (whole wheat breads, brown rice, whole wheat pasta). Get lots of proteins in (chicken, fish, eggs - whites mostly, tuna, cottage cheese). Lots of GOOD carbs (spinach, whole grains, asparagus, peppers, sweet potatoes). Good fats, also (almonds - but not more than 1/4 a cup/day, 2t olive oil, flaxseed oil, 1T peanutbutter).
Eat every 2-3 hours (or 5-6 small meals a day).
I've noticed you've been walking a lot...that's awesome! I've always thought you were beautiful...but I know how important it is to feel good about yourself, too. :)