So our little man isn't so little anymore. He had his 18 month check up when we got back from Hawaii, he now weights 26.7 pounds and is 34 inches tall! I can't believe that he is already a year and a half old, time really goes to fast. I don't regret our decision about not having anymore kids, but I know I will miss having someone this little running around. Not the temper tantrums or the teething mind you, just the happy baby that is discovering everything for the first time. The baby that finds even the smallest rock so fascinating and asks "whas that" and points to everything he sees. Those first moments when you realize the gibberish you've been listening to the past few months has finally turned into a word. The look of total adoration when he see's his sister come in the door from school or even when she just comes into the room. Those are the things that I will think back fondly on as I am dealing with the back talk and fighting that is sure to come in the future.
At 18 months these are things that Brayden and do and say;
- He can count 1.2.3--1.2.3 GOOOOO!
- He knows the color's yellow, blue and red and will point to the objects that are those colors. He can also say blue and yellow.
- He sings the blues clues song and even does the hand motions (draws in his notebook which is the palm of his hand, and puts his hands to his face to 'think, think, think'.
- Can say and point to cars
- Says Kylee's name (well he says Ky)
- Will point at pictures of people when we ask where they are.
- Knows that a cop car, ambulance and fire truck all go weeooo weeoo (and will say weeooh weeooh, if he sees one)
- Knows the sounds of a monkey, kitty, puppy, cow, pig, elephant, owl, mouse, chicken, bird and horse.
- Says 'button' which at first I thought was 'bull shit' but then I watched and listened and realized it was indeed 'button'
- will tell you where his ears, eyes, nose, mouth, fingers, toes, belly, butt and hair are located.
- said "please" for the first time yesterday (3/21/11) in the car on the way down to pick Ky up from her dads house.
- He loves to take showers and is a total water hog (must get that from his dad!)
- he absolutely loves music and will dance whenever music is on.
- He loves Old Disney movies more than the new Pixar or Dreamworks movies, and we think it is because the older movies all have songs in them, where the newer movies don't. Right now his favorite is 101 Dalmatians.
- He loves Buffy (Grama Kay and Grampa Bob's dog) and will let her kiss him in the mouth (gag).
Just know that our little boy is growing up and is learning so much everyday. It truly amazes me at all the things he picks up. I really can't wait to see what an amazing young man he is going to turn out to be.

2 comments:
He is so big! I can't believe it! And I have only seen him a handful of times! So sad! :( You need to post more pictures of him and things he does so I can keep up! This is the only way I can!
ps- that is really nasty about Buffy!
I love my little bman! He is so smart!
Post a Comment